What is Yoga Nidra?
Yoga Nidra is the conscious relaxation. The mixture between consciousness and drowsiness. Relaxation allows us to open our subconscious and go deep into our mind. The purpose of self-awareness through relaxation. In addition, its origin is attributed to a direct relationship with Tantra, the technique of attention.
Why Yoga Nidra?
The deep meditation of Yoga Nidra as a common
practice is used to help overcome stress, anxious, insomnia and even personal problems. Even more, It’s a natural way to become self-aware. We manage to visualize the wisdom of our being. For all this, Yoga Nidra is a great tool to achieve self-discovery.
How to practice Yoga Nidra?
- Create a quiet environment, free of anydistractions. Turn off your phone and “disconnect”.
- Wear comfortable and light clothing.
- Lie on the floor, on a comfortable, non-slip yoga mat. You can also choose to sit down. To do this use a comfortable zafu or zabutón.
- During practice, keep your eyes relaxed and in the right position. If you choose to sit, keep your back straight. To achieve greater relaxation, it is interesting to use an object that prevents the entry of light, such as a meditation eye pillow.
- Measure your sessions with progression. Yoga Nidra requires practice. Learn to execute a good breath to ward off the feeling of sleep.